Saturday, January 29, 2011

Know Your Literature

I received a very encouraging note from my college Clarinet teacher yesterday.  Basically, it made my whole college experience.

So, today Iw as poking at literature and reminding myself that I need to know "my" literature.  Not everybody else's.

In that same vane I can still add to my literature, but only slightly.  To date I hold onto:

Echange...Xenakis
Duo...Loevendie
Parable...by a friend (trust me when I say it's about 10 minutes and it's a bitch to play)
Waltz...by a college colleague.  He just needed to write it for a class, but I like it to this day.
Acht Stucke...Hindemith (it's actually for Flute)
Syrinx...Debussy
Carnival of Venice...Herbert L. Clarke
Towards the Crest...Robert Carl
Six Studies in English Folksong...Vaughn-Williams
Interludium from Six Dances...Phillip Martin (my favorite because I love ripping the hell out of it)
Voltage...DuBois
Bach...Cello Suites
Rhapsody...Osbourne

As I write this I'm definitely taking on the Mozart.  What could possibly go wrong?

There's more, but for now I'm committing to taking down the Mozart--just for funsies.
This should be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please keep it clean and keep it legal. Peace...