Sunday, February 16, 2014

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack!

So, I logged on and realized it's been almost 3 years since I've said a word here.  However, the blog has been viewed like 15,000 times since I stopped writing.  So, I guess I should keep it up.  In fairness, when I stopped writing, I got screwed by my school district and sent to a place I didn't want to go, spent a year there, found my best friend and someone I call my sibling.  Then I spent another year and a half working in an even worse situation before I finally quit.

Now, I'm working at home full-time, writing.  It's great.  I homeschool my kids and I work on excerpts in preparation for major orchestral auditions.  So, I'm doing good.  However, I've made a few...discoveries since I stopped writing.  I guess I should share some of those, but I don't want to write it all tonight.

Suffice it to say, I learned A LOT about playing, and it all started when I got screwed out of a new job.  Now, I'm nearly ready to take any audition on the planet.  This is WAY more fun than teaching, and provides a much higher quality of life.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Can I get your thoughts on the Leblanc L60? I am purchasing for a student entering high school. I don't know much about the L60. When I searched online, your blog came up based on your review of the Leblanc 430 S. how do these 2 compare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The standard Leblanc horns are nice little instruments. You will not get the same kind of power out of an instrument like this, but it will do what you need it to do for basic band performances. The 430S is an extended instrument that is no longer made. It's useful for solo and orchestral work, but not 100% necessary. You could just as easily by a used low Eb Leblanc online and do pretty well. It simply depends on your preferences, but anything with Leblanc written on it is going to be pretty strong.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Please keep it clean and keep it legal. Peace...