Friday, July 3, 2009

So, why are we here?

The Guru is in.

About 15 years ago I was given the moniker "The Bass Clarinet Guru".  Aptly enough, it was given to me by a teacher, not a peer.  I never really thought there was anything to it except that I knew I was very good at playing Bass.  I recent set of circumstances has brought me to the conclusion that I need to start living up to the moniker "The Bass Clarinet Guru".  

I suppose the easiest part of that is knowing that I'm not like Howard Stern and I didn't give myself the name, but that it was actually given to me by someone I respect who is a far greater musician than me.

I have imported posts from another blog of mine to get all my current Bass Clarinet content in here.  I plan on updating frequently about every topic imaginable:  sitting, standing, marching, playing, equipment, literature, you name it.

I WELCOME questions and comments.  The only real way we can begin to grow a community of people who are talking honestly about the instrument is to have HONEST questions followed by HONEST answers.  This is not a forum where some overgrown amateur is going to tell you to go out and spend $300 on a mouthpiece or $500 getting your horn adjusted after you just bought it.  No one telling you that Alto Clarinet just isn't going to work so don't bother.  No one telling you that the plastic Vito Contra your school has isn't good enough to play on.  We'll cover all subjects concerning Alto, Bass and Contra Clarinets. Please jump in, the water's fine!

I'm talking about real answers for real players.  I hope that students feel comfortable here and I hope that you are the majority of my readers.  Of course, adults are welcome, but I want kids to feel like they can get some honest answers and feedback here.

I have alot of things on tap for the Bass Clarinet Community, so please stay tuned.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please keep it clean and keep it legal. Peace...