Tuesday, March 10, 2015

From A Distance...I Record My Music

The idea of recording in a garage or some other kind of rustic environment is very appealing, but I want to make sure I record in a way that actually makes sense.  I have a recording device on my phone and tablet.  I have the computer software I need to cut together whatever I want, but I have to record at the right distance.  It is hard to record so close to a microphone with an acoustic instrument, but I don't want to create something that sounds like I'm in a tunnel...

Do I record intimately and reduce all the volumes I use?  I could do that, and I think that it would sound great...I'm just wondering if that actually makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please keep it clean and keep it legal. Peace...